The D4 Training Council has elected to bring back the Man vs Machine class to the District. This class will be a one day class that will be held on July 20th, 2019 from 0800 until around 1800. Class will held at Crawfordsville District 4
1201 E. Elmore St., Crawfordsville, IN 47933. Please plan on being at the location by 0730 to do paperwork so class can start at 0800.
This class is being taught by instructors that do this class during FDIC’s Hot classes. This is a class that is paid for by the District 4 Training Council. So there is no fee for the class. Only fee might be a small money pitch in for lunch.
Description of the Class:
Lecture and Practical Skills Scenarios consisting of 5 Stations
1. Ring Removals, Odd Job Rescues, Man vs. Machinery Kit Development
2. Fence / Rebar Impalements, Fence Entrapments
3. Meat Grinder Entrapment
4. Torch Familiarization – Dependent on type of torch used by host agency
5. Car Lift Using various techniques, Cribbing methods and the importance of creating a proper / safe work area
At the end of instruction the students will be able to:
1. Identify Scene Size-up Issues for Man vs. Machine Incidents
2. Identify Equipment Necessary for Man vs. Machinery Incidents
3. Identify a variety of Lock-Out / Tag Out Issues
4. Recognize the Importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
5. Identify Medical Considerations
6. Identify Evasive and Non-Evasive Removal
All Students participating in Practical Skills will be required to have a full set of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including eye protection and work gloves. Proper PPE for torch operations will require structural firefighting gloves and proper eye protection associated with torch operations. The lead instructor and safety officer have the responsibility to ensure proper compliance and will stop or dismiss any student that does not conform to this requirement.
Here is a link to a Youtube video of a class that they have put on in the past. Check it out.
This will be on a first come basis. The first class filled up in 5 days. Don’t wait… There is one prerequisite, you must be at minimum Indiana Mandatory Firefighter Certified or higher. There is a limited number of seats for this class. If the class is full please still sign up as there will be a waitlist established.
Sign up though Acadis:
Registration for this class will be shut off on July 13th, 2019, so we can get the final count of students to the instructor. If you sign up and then realize that you can not go for any reason please go back in Acadis take your name off the class, so the next person that is on the waitlist will get in the class.
Any questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com